DEATH ENGINE "Mud"
LP - $12.50
STREET DATE: 03/31/15
Following the release of their abrasive debut EP «Amen», DEATH ENGINE made a brutal entrance in 2013 with a couple of European tours – a string of infernal outbreaks that have little in common with your average live show. The now four-piece from Lorient, France spent most of 2014 working on their debut album «Mud», which was once again recorded by Amaury Sauvé at La Senelle and mastered by Sylvain Biguet. Behind their ascetic, less-is-more work ethic, DEATH ENGINE's sound remains evasive – oscillating between dark, desperate noise rock and metallic downpours of petrifying violence, bleak shoegazing guitar work and gigantic industrial dirges, cathartic climaxes and merciless tribal-ritual rhythms that could last forever. «Mud» features seven new tracks that deliver the coup de grâce, exploring new fields while still pushing the band’s trademark visceral tension to unreachable highs.
FOR FANS OF:
Playing Enemy, The Body, Swans, Young Widows
- 180 gram vinyl (ultraclear & black) housed in a reverse-board heavy jacket with inside-out print.
- All copies include an additional 7" featuring an exclusive bonus track
- European tour in march and release party with Godflesh in support of the release
- Recorded and mixed by Amaury Sauvé (Birds In Row, Plebeian Grandstand, As We Draw...)
- Mastered by Sylvain Biguet (Comity, Birds In Row, Eibon...)
- Artwork by Hugues Pzzl